Minnesota Social Host Liability Attorneys

Who Can Be Held Liable?

Despite government attempts to cut down on the rate of underaged drinking, it remains a common problem across the U.S. Minnesota’s social host liability laws try to minimize this problem by holding responsible those adults who provide alcohol to minors.

The laws governing social drinking are not nearly as strict as the laws governing commercial sales of alcohol. Therefore, a much shorter list of people can be liable under Minnesota social host liability laws, as opposed to dram shop laws. A person can be liable if he or she is over 21 and:

  • Sold or gave alcohol to a minor
  • Knowingly allowed minors to consume alcohol on his or her premises

MADD-logo Minnesota Social Host Liability Attorneys

Who Can File a Social Host Liability Claim?

If you have been injured by a minor who was driving under the influence of alcohol, you may have grounds for a lawsuit against the adult who provided the alcohol. Minors who injure themselves or others while intoxicated do not have grounds for a social liability suit.

Contact Us

To speak with a knowledgeable Minnesota Social Liability Attorney, contact TSR Injury Law, at 612-TSR-TIME. We care about you and we can help.

  • Please pick one
Call 612-TSR-TIME