If you have been hit by a semi truck, it is vital to contact a Minnesota Truck Crash Lawyer immediately after the crash. The scene of the accident needs to be inspected, driver logs need to be preserved, and truck records need to be saved.
Contact a Minnesota Truck Crash Lawyer at 612-TSR-TIME. Our attorneys have years of experience handling truck crash cases. All three partners have been named Minnesota Super Lawyers many times by Minnesota Law & Politics.
Many truck drivers are conscientious, but there are too many that do not drive responsibly. Driving while texting is worse than driving under the influence and driving a truck that has not passed inspection is an accident waiting to happen. It is time to hold truck drivers accountable for their negligence while driving.
2008 Large Truck, Semi Truck Crash Statistics
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration the following truck accident statistics were compiled for 2008, for the state of Minnesota:
- 62 Large Trucks (semi, big rig, 18 wheeler) Involved in Fatal Crashes
- 70 Fatalities in Crashes Involving Large Trucks
- 15% of All Fatalities Occurred in Large Truck Accidents
- 2,150 Large Trucks Involved in Non-Fatal Crashes
- 675 Large Trucks Involved in Injury Crashes
- 908 Injuries in Crashes Involving Large Trucks
Reasons for a Truck Crash
Most truck crashes that occur are driver-related or maintenance-related, including:
- Unlicensed Driver
- Inadequate Driver Training
- Disobeying Safety Procedures
- Motor Vehicle Inspection Failure
- Repair & Maintenance Failure
- Failure to Yield The Right of Way
- DUI / DWI
- Driving While Texting
- Driver Fatigue
- Mechanical or Brake Failure
- Tires Blow Up
- Overloaded Trucks or Trailers
- Improperly Secured Loads
Minnesota Truck Crash Lawyer
Injuries associated with a semi truck crash can be catastrophic. You deserve aggressive representation. Our partners are skilled, dynamic litigators who will pursue every angle and fight for justice in your truck crash case. Call 612-TSR-TIME today or submit our contact form.