You suffered the crush of the accident. You tried medications and physical therapy. Now you have been burdened with the pain and expense of radiofrequency neurotomy. You need the insurance company to cover current and future procedures.
TSR Injury Law can help. Our partners have extensive experience with spinal injury cases and have a special interest in RFN. They have been named Minnesota Super Lawyers many times by Law & Politics. To contact Steve Terry, Chuck Slane, Rich Ruohonen, or Nate Bjerke about your Radiofrequency Neurotomy treatments, call 612-TSR-TIMEor submit our free consultation form.
Radiofrequency Neurotomy: The Procedure
Radiofrequency neurotomy is a treatment used to alleviate pain from a facet joint injury, usually incurred in a car accident. Facet joints are situated at each vertebral level of the spine. Each joint is connected to two medial nerves. The medial nerves transmit signals from the spine to the brain and the rest of the body.
- The doctor, using x-ray guidance, inserts the needle parallel to and against the targeted nerve.
- An intermittent electrical current is delivered; creating a heat lesion, interrupting the pain signals to the brain. The current cannot be a continuous flow because that could damage the ganglion (nerve bundle) or surrounding tissue.
- Over the next 10-14 days the nerve dies; hopefully, providing the patient with full pain relief within 2-3 weeks.
Radiofrequency Neurotomy: Potential Complications
Radiofrequency neurotomy is not a cure for your injury; it is a treatment. It is a treatment that is effective for an average of only 11 months. That means you will have to have RFN repeated multiple times during your lifetime.
With all medical procedures, there are risks and potential complications. The associated complications with RFN are:
- pain at the site of injection
- numbness at the site of injection
- increased facet joint pain due to muscle spasms
- permanent nerve damage
Contact a Radiofrequency Neurotomy Attorney
Radiofrequency neurotomy treatments are expensive. Insurance companies will try to prevent you from obtaining compensation needed to cover all of the future RFN treatments. You need an experienced, aggressive Radiofrequency Neurotomy litigator to obtain the compensation you deserve. You need TSR Injury Law. Call 612-TSR-TIME or submit our contact form.