A broken leg is a very serious fracture, with the possibility for life-threatening complications. If you have sustained a broken leg due to the negligence of another, call TSR Injury Law. We care about you and will help you seek justice and compensation for your injury.
Our attorneys are consistently named Minnesota Super Lawyers. We will do all of the paperwork, negotiate with the insurance companies, and file your claim. Contact a Minnesota Broken Leg Lawyer at 612-TSR-TIME.
Broken Leg: Types and Treatment
The treatment of a broken leg varies according to the type of break. There are many classifications of breaks. They are:
- Open / compound fracture: This type of fracture is when the skin is pierced by the broken bone. This is a serious fracture that requires aggressive treatment to reduce the chance of infection.
- Closed fracture: This type of fracture is when the skin is unbroken.
- Incomplete fracture: This type of fracture is when the bone is cracked but remains intact.
- Complete fracture: In a complete fracture, the bone is snapped into two or more pieces.
- Displaced fracture: In a displace fracture, the bone fragments are not aligned and may require surgery to realign and stabilize the bone.
- Comminuted fracture: This type of fracture is when the bone is broken into several pieces. Surgery is usually required to ensure good alignment.
It is important to restrict the movement of a broken leg in order to allow for proper healing. A broken leg will usually require a cast for a minimum of 6-8 weeks.
Once the cast is removed, rehabilitation exercises or physical therapy will help reduce stiffness and restore movement in the injured leg. Even with physical therapy, it will take many months for complete healing.
Minnesota Broken Leg Lawyer
If you have suffered a broken leg due in an accident that was not your fault, you do not have to shoulder the financial burden alone. We will fight for your rights. Call 612-TSR-TIME or submit our free consultation form.