Minnesota Jet Ski Accident Lawyer
The Minnesota Jet Ski Accident Lawyers at TSR Injury Law are dedicated to helping people who are injured by a personal watercraft. You need a lawyer working for you experienced in Minnesota personal injury cases. We have helped thousands of people recover millions in compensation. Our partners have been named Minnesota Super Lawyers many times. To contact Steve Terry, Chuck Slane, Rich Ruohonen, or Nate Bjerke about your jet ski accident case, call 612-TSR-TIME or submit our free contact form.
Jet Ski Accident Prevention
Although the number of jet ski accidents have declined in recent years, the lakes are still full of inexperienced drivers. Collisions are the most common type of accident.
Ways to Avoid Collisions:
- Keep your throttle depressed while turning. If you release the throttle, the engine will stall and make it harder to steer.
- Do not ride too close to other jet skis or boats.
- Make gradual turns. This will help you stay in control of your personal watercraft.
- Look before turning.
Laws Specific to Jet Skis
Under Minnesota law, jet skis are considered a motorboat and, therefore, must follow all regulations that govern motorboats. In addition to motorboat laws, there are laws specific to jet skis. They include:
- You are required to have a rules decal in full view of operator.
- Operators and passengers must wear an approved flotation device.
- You are required to carry a USCG approved fire extinguisher.
- You must travel at 5 mph or less when within 150 feet of shore, docks, swimmers, swimming rafts, any anchored watercraft, or non-motorized watercraft.
- While towing a person behind the jet ski, you must have another person on board to act as observer (factory-installed, wide angle, rear view mirrors may be a substitute for an observer).
- Cutoff lanyards must be properly used and attached to the person, life vest, or clothing of the operator.
- You may operate only between 9:30 a.m. and one hour before sunset.
Contact Minnesota Jet Ski Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured by a jet ski, you need knowledgeable legal representation to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact TSR Injury Law at 612-TSR-TIME today or submit our free contact form.