TSR Injury Law has years of experience, a working knowledge of the relevant issues involved in bicycle accidents, and concern for you and your recovery following your bicycle accident. Our partners are skilled litigators and can successfully present a Minnesota bicycle accident injury case to maximize compensation. Call 612-TSR-TIME or submit our contact form.
Topics on Minnesota Bicycle Accident Injuries
How We Develop a Bicycle Accident Case
It is critical to contact a Minnesota Bicycle Accident Attorney promptly following a bicycle accident injury so that evidence can be gathered from the scene. Once hired, we immediately get to work:
- We take pictures at the scene, including evidence of road conditions, skid marks, lane markings, signage, and the the vehicles (if possible).
- We check for MN Dot traffic cameras and get the footage to further support the accident evidence.
- We interview all of the witnesses.
- We check the bicycle for defective design or defective manufacturing.
- We consult with medical experts about your injuries and long-term prognosis.
- We consult with bicycle experts to get their interpretation of how road condition, weather condition, speed of the car / bicycle factored into the accident.
How You Can Help to Build Your Bicycle Accident Case
You are an integral part of your bicycle accident case. You need to write down everything you remember leading up to the accident and any part of the accident you remember. Write down the names of witnesses and any insurance information you acquire. ALL OBSERVATIONS ARE IMPORTANT! Ask yourself:
- Were there any animals in the vicinity just before the bicycle accident?
- Was there any debris on the road anywhere near the bicycle accident?
- Was it a bright, sunny day?
- Was it extremely noisy?
- How much traffic was there? (include pedestrian traffic, motor vehicle traffic, and bicycle traffic)
- Were there braking noises at the time of the accident?
- How fast were you traveling at the time of your accident?
You need to see a doctor as soon as possible. You may feel fine initially, but head injuries and spinal injuries may take time to present and may lead to deteriorating health.
DO NOT talk to anyone about the accident, except police officers. DO NOT sign any papers without seeking legal advise from a Minnesota Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney, you could jeopardize your case and significantly reduce your settlement.
Compensation in a Minnesota Bicycle Accident Injury Case
According to the Minnesota No Fault Act, a bicyclist injured in a collision with a motor vehicle is entitled to receive up to $20,000 in medical expenses and $20,000 in wage loss benefits. If it is established that the driver of the motor vehicle was at fault, the injured bicyclist has the right to bring a claim against the driver for property damage, loss of enjoyment of leisure activities, and pain and suffering.
Contact a Minnesota Bicycle Accident Attorney
TSR Injury Law is a leading personal injury law firm serving the state of Minnesota. Our personal injury attorneys are experts at proving liability in serious bicycle accidents. Call 612-TSR-TIME or submit our free consultation form.