TSR Injury Law is a premier personal injury law firm with extensive experience handling bicycle accident injury lawsuits and a reputation for excellent settlements, including a verdict for $520,000 in a bicycle accident injury case. We care about you and truly want to help you obtain justice and compensation for your injury.
Our personal injury lawyers are experts at establishing fault in serious bicycle accidents. Call 612-TSR-TIME or submit our free consultation form.
Common Types of Bicycle Accidents
Bicyclists need to drive more defensively than motor vehicle drivers. They need to know the rules on how to legally and safely share the road with motor vehicles, because so many motor vehicle drivers do not respect a bicyclist and their right to be on the road. The most common types of collisions occur when a motor vehicle driver:
- ignores the bicyclist and turns directly in front of the cyclist, cutting them off
- enters the street from a driveway or parking spot without observing or yielding to the bicyclist
- is inattentive while driving, clueless, unobservant
- is driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- fails to yield the right of way to a bicyclist at an intersection
Types of Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicyclists are defenseless against any type of motor vehicle. If a bicyclist is in an accident, the injuries are usually significant. Those injuries include:
- skull fracture
- traumatic brain injury
- coup and contrecoup head injury
- spinal injury
- tibial plateau fracture
- facet joint injury
- burst fracture of the spine
- trimalleolar fracture / broken ankle
- permanent disability
Minnesota Bicycle Accident Injury Statistics
All drivers on the road have the responsibility to be alert and aware of everyone on the road. Ignorance about Minnesota bicycle laws will not lessen the culpability of the at fault person if a bicyclist is injured — and many bicyclists are injured or killed every year.
- 4 bicyclists die every day in a bicycle accident
- nearly half of those deaths are children under the age of 16
- another 1 million children are injured every year in bicycle accidents
- head injuries account for 3 out of every 4 serious / fatal bicycle accident injury
- collisions with motor vehicles is the leading cause of death in bicycle accidents
Minnesota Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney & Lawyer
We will work with the insurance companies, accessing as many policies as possible, and coordinating all of the benefits. We will investigate the accident, consult with qualified bicycle specialists, and seek the expertise of medical specialists to find every angle to pursue in your case. All of that with no payments until we win your case.
Our Minnesota Bicycle Accident Injury Lawyers are specialists in the field of personal injury law. Our attorneys are thorough, aggressive, and persuasive litigators — with a reputation for their ability to obtain excellent settlements and verdicts. Call 612-TSR-TIME or submit our contact form.