Minnesota Car Accident Lawyer
Common Causes of Pedestrian/Automobile Accidents
Especially in large, congested cities, automobiles and pedestrians are expected to share the road. There are, unfortunately, few cases where this is carried out without accident or injury. Accidents between automobiles and pedestrians are relatively common, and the injuries that result from these accidents are almost always serious.
However, by familiarizing yourself with some of the common causes of pedestrian/automobile accidents, you will hopefully be able to avoid being a part of one of these serious accidents, as either an automobile driver or as a pedestrian.
Listed below are some of the most frequent causes of automobile – pedestrian accidents where the driver is at fault.
- Failure to observe posted signs. When a driver is in a hurry, or is simply not paying attention, they may fail to notice posted safety signs that could prevent accidents with pedestrians, such as signs instructing drivers to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk.
- Running a red light. Many drivers will speed through an intersection in an attempt to beat a red light, but end up driving through the red light at dangerous speeds. In these situations, if pedestrians have already begun to legally cross the road, serious accidents are likely to occur.
- Failure to check a blind spot. Especially in larger automobiles, pedestrians can become lost in a driver’s blind spot. Drivers should always be careful to look for pedestrians before parking or turning.
Here are some of the most frequent causes of accidents when pedestrians are at fault.
- Children darting into the road. Many times, accidents occur when children chase after an animal or a toy into the middle of a street. In these cases, it is not only the child who can be injured, but any adult who chases after them, as well.
- Jaywalking. When pedestrians cross the road at improper times or in improper places, drivers may not always be prepared for their presence and as such, may not have time to stop before an accident ensues.
Speak with a Minnesota Car Accident Attorney
If you or someone you know has been injured in an automobile/pedestrian accident, contact the Minnesota car accident attorneys of TSR Injury Law today at 612-TSR-TIME to discuss your legal rights and options or submit our contact form.