Minnesota Bicycle Injury Lawyers
More and more people across the country are beginning to use bicycles as their preferred mode of transportation. There are many advantages to doing so, from saving on gas to getting much needed exercise. Unfortunately, this hobby also comes with risks. To increase your safety on the road, please consider the following tips.
Minnesota Bicycle Accident Prevention: Sharing the Road with Drivers
- When riding your bicycle, keep your eyes open. Many drivers are not used to sharing the road with bicyclists, which means they will not be looking out for you. You may want to avoid bicycling in crowded areas until you have learned how to look around and behind you while maintaining your balance.
- Do not pass cars on the right. Drivers may turn right without noticing you are there.
- Obey all traffic laws. They are not just for cars; they apply to all types of vehicle.
- Do not ride against traffic. Drivers do not expect this and may not see you in time.
Minnesota Bicycle Safety Tips
- Always wear a helmet when riding your bicycle. This will greatly reduce your chances of suffering a disabling or even fatal bicycle injury if you are in an accident.
- Do not wear headphones while riding a bicycle. You need to be alert to your surroundings.
- Use safety equipment for night bicycling. This includes a white light for the front of your bicycle that is visible for at least 500 feet and a reflector light that is visible for at least 300 feet. Some riders also choose to wear reflective vests to maximize their visibility.
Contact a Minnesota Bicycle Accident Injury Lawyer
Even if you follow every safety tip, you can still be injured by a negligent driver. If this has happened to you or a loved one, contact the Minnesota Bicycle Accident Injury Lawyers of TSR Injury Law, at 612-TSR-TIME, to discuss your legal options or submit our contact form.